Author: Tony Rogers Conference & Event Services
Organisation/Affiliation/Publisher: Business Visits & Events Partnership
The events sector is worth over £36 billion per annum to the national economy.
Business visitors spend on average £131 per day – 72% more than the amount spent by leisure visitors on a daily basis, while visitors to UK exhibitions from overseas spend 193% more per day than leisure visitors to Britain.
- Outdoor events – £1 billion
- Festivals and cultural events – £1.1 billion
- Music events – £1.4 billion
- Incentive travel- £1.2 billion
- Corporate hospitality – £1 billion
- Sports events – £2.3 billion
- Conferences and meetings – £18.8 billion*
- Exhibitions and trade shows – £9.3 billion*
- (*In terms of net revenue to venues and the wider economic benefits to destinations through expenditure by delegates on travel, entertainment, eating out, shopping, etc.)